Join Our Team
Foreland is hiring a Gallery Manager to join our team and oversee the budding Gallery Coalition concept on our campus.
The Gallery Manager is the primary forward-facing position that engages with our Foreland Gallery Coalition (FGC) members and works closely with visitors, senior and support staff, artists, and gallerists. The Foreland Gallery Manager should be someone with strong artistic, technical, people and communication skills. The Gallery Manager reports to the Executive Director and Curatorial Strategist, and will manage FGC docent staff.
Our team is looking for a thoughtful, good-humored, and exceptionally outgoing individual to coordinate the happenings of our exhibition spaces, act as a lead docent, and manage junior docents, as well.
The ideal Gallery Manager is passionate about teamwork, system-building, interpersonal relationships, and on-your-feet thinking. If you are a convivial, accountable, people-loving, far-out thinker, you’re for us. The ideal candidate enjoys organizing and being accountable to others, works well with all kinds of folks (artists, art dealers, construction workers, producers, plumbers, you name it!), and perhaps describes themselves as having moxie.
Broad strokes of the job are as follows:
- Participate in organizing events and promotional efforts.
- Supervise daily gallery operations and communicate maintenance needs to our Campus Foreman.
- Meet and train gallery docents, coordinate docent scheduling. Act as docent on weekends as needed.
- Research and coordinate installation and technical specialists.
- Schedule art and equipment deliveries.
- Mange on site art storage facilities.
- Field questions about FGC gallery spaces from artists, gallerists, and visitors.
- Maintain the integrity of the FGC with regular tidying and communication with our janitorial staff.
- Understanding of contemporary art and art world.
This position is part time and temporary, with potential to grow into something bigger. Compensation starting at $25/hr.
Email email@example.com to apply!